Owen's first week of life has been tough. But when I look at where he was a week ago it is easy to see how far he has come. Leaving him at the hospital each night is the worst, but its so comforting knowing he's in the care of the best help possible-his big sister, his grandma, and his favorite aunt Linz, to name a few. The NICU is a special, sacred place. (Speaking of Lydia, they have the same hands. It makes me smile every time I look at them.)
I was expecting a recovery similar to what I went through when Lydia was born (which was brutal to say the least) but in comparison this recovery has been a walk in the park. I know that is in large part to the prayers from so many. Other than swollen feet and ankles I don't have much to complain about and my days are spent in Owen's room napping, pumping, and letting him hold my finger (we still can't hold him-it's the worst).
The view from my chair. Watching Husband be a dad is the best. The nurses are already giving him awards for being the most involved dad. Love him.
Thank you for your prayers for our family. They are being felt and we are just so grateful for Owen-he has already brought so much joy to his parents. Life is a pretty wonderful thing.




Alicia he is so BEAUTIFUL or HANDSOME which ever you prefer. He is Stunning! We are praying for your family! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI loooooove him! And seriously, if he had stayed in another month could you imagine all the hair he would have had? Also, I don't know who he looks like either but he's dang cute!
ReplyDeleteI full on burst into tears when I scrolled to that last picture of his sweet face! Awww, SO cute! You guys are rock stars!
ReplyDeleteLeesh!!! He is soooooo cute. I'm so glad you are both doing well. Much love from the Powells in California. We love you!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool you have a miracle list. Sharing that helps me remember God is truly involved in the tiniest details of our lives. BTW, I have a friend whose baby died at 20 weeks. They refer to her as their "angel daughter" and the kids refer to her as their "angel sister" . I like that.
ReplyDeleteOH MY! I just want to squeeze him!!! (ever so gently) NICU is a place full of emotions for sure. I cried every time I had to scrub down to see Emmy, but then you feel the Spirit when you walk in those doors. Soon it will all just be a memory. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI also started crying when I scrolled down and saw his sweet face, PRECIOUS and perfect baby Owen. He is looking sooo good. Your family will continue to be in our prayers. Thank your for sharing your amazing outlook of gratitude and love. I'm always inspired. Sending love.
ReplyDeleteAlicia. He is so cute. Love to you and your family Barb.
ReplyDelete