Background

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Owen = Young Warrior


The night Owen was born was a crazy night. Once all the family left, we realized Husband needed to run back home to get a few things (we definitely did NOT have a "hospital bag" packed). By the time he made it back, I was coherent enough to demand we give our "baby" a name. I was tired of praying for my "baby," and knowing many others would be praying for him as well we knew it was time to make a decision. Husband was sent to visit him in the NICU with our list of potential names (it was long) and was told to come back with it narrowed down. I did the same thing from my hospital bed. We both narrowed it down to the same couple of names, and after a bit of discussing we were 99% ready to go with Owen. But we thought we'd look up the meaning of the name  just to be sure. The meaning just sealed the deal - Owen is definitely our "young warrior." This kid has been through more in his 16 days than most people deal with in a lifetime. He is tough stuff and we are so glad he fought to stay here.
I thought I'd post pics that show his development in the past 2 weeks. (And sorry to those who have been waiting on more pictures - since I finally get to hold my son I would rather spend my days snuggling with him than updating the blog.) Lucky for you I have to give husband some snuggle time as well (which inevitably leads to them napping together) so while my boys are snoozing you get an update. :)

Day 1 - c-pap machine for breathing, sunbathing for jaundice, and a whole bunch of other cords to keep him alive.

Then he was intubated. Not fun.

Back to the c-pap

Doing the super man pose.

Back to being under the jaundice lights. Sigh.

And now he is one happy kid with only a feeding tube. And I am one happy mama because we get to snuggle all the day long! :)


7 comments:

  1. Hooray Owen!!! What a cutie! for reals! Most premies are a little scary looking, he is adorable!! So when can he go home???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind that I often refer to him as "Little Hero" :) That smile is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is wonderful! So happy for all of you. What a precious smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so sweet! I love him. Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good news! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. he is adorable! that little smile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did my comment go?? I love him! He is perfect!! Thank you so much for all the amazing pictures!!! I love that little Warrior!

    ReplyDelete