Background

Monday, January 12, 2015

Introducing...

Welcome to the family, Owen Jensen Ditto!!

Born: January 11, 2015
Weight: 4.5 pounds 
Length: 17.5 inches 

So obviously things did not go according to plan. I had just put the meatballs in the oven for Sunday dinner and was helping Dan with the salad when I was hit with  basically the worst pain in the world. Of course since I'm stubborn I figured there's no way it was THAT bad and I needed to suck it up. I did have Husband give me a blessing, and within about 5 minutes I knew it was time to go to the hospital. :( 
Have I mentioned how much I hate hospitals? Husband endured the miserable drive, and when we got inside they took one look at me (I could barely walk) and got me back to a room. I'll spare you some of the scarier and traumatic details by just saying that within minutes they had figured out that my uterus had ruptured (rupturing was the one thing we were trying to avoid). From the time I walked into the hospital to the time Owen was delivered it was only 18 minutes. They had to be quick to save us both. Miracles happened and we are feeling so blessed. Owen will be in the NICU for at least a few weeks, but he is alive and he's going to make it and that's all that matters. He is pure perfection and I am miserable when I'm not with him. Husband is the best nurse for both me and Owen and I don't know what I'd do without him. So happy to be a family of four. Families are forever!!

My first time seeing him. The nurses were so nice to wheel my bed to his room for a few minutes. I love my little man.


11 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! So happy for your family, I just started crying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! Can't wait to hold him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read this ten times, I still can't believe it. We love you and your beautiful boy (and Dan and Lydia, of course)!! We will be praying for all of you and hope you both improve soon. HOW do you look that gorgeous after such a traumatic and life-threatening event??!??!! We love you Owen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia! (insert gasp face) I just can't believe this I am SO glad you are okay and SO glad that Owen is here and doing well. What a MIRACLE. Thank you for sharing, I will be praying for you all and I hope he continues to grow just as he should so he can be in your arms and home with you soon. Sending my love. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!! And also yikes! So scary, but we are so so glad you're both doing well. Welcome to the world baby Owen!!! (Love the name!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just realized you can call him OJ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm praying for you both and so glad you are both okay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new baby Alicia. Best wishes for a quick recovery. I'm so happy you are both safe after such a crazy delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your sweet baby boy! I hope you recover well and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was without Emmy 13 days after leaving the hospital! I fell your pain. Know that it will all be over soon. Get some good sleep in! Praying for you and baby Owen.

    ReplyDelete