Background

Thursday, July 2, 2015

A weekend of firsts

Last weekend was a big one for the Owenator. Husband was in the mountains growing a beard and fishing with his dad and brothers, so Owen and I decided to have our own adventure. We joined Grandpa on a very quick trip to Boise (I think we were there a total of 17 hours). It put a lot of "firsts" on Owen's list.


First time out of state! (fyi - I did not take this picture and don't even recall seeing the Welcome sign. Thanks to whoever posted it online!)


First car accident!!! (Gasp!) The construction detour that turned into me stopping for a bathroom break (I know, I know. Spjute's NEVER stop for bathroom breaks! But since we were already off the freeway due to the construction detour I figured it was ok to take advantage. Worst decision ever.) During the TWO minutes I was inside going about my business, the punk driving the silver car backed into my dad while he was parked there (with Owen snoozing in the car seat). Luckily there was no damage to car or people, or this would have been one angry momma!!


First time meeting grandma-great!!!


First time swimming. He loved it!


Hello cuteness!!!

This kid slept THE ENTIRE 4-hour drive home. Not kidding. Remind me when he's older to give him an extra scoop of ice cream for this one.


And this is what husband was doing while we were gone. Hot husband!!


3 comments:

  1. Come swim in our pool anytime!! It's nice and warm right now. . . And why wait until he's older for that scoop of ice cream?? I am SURE he'd LOVE it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate this post and I love this post! so sad I missed you. WE are coming to Bear lake in Aug. I might have to make an extra stop to see Owen...er... you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You basically have the most perfect baby ever. ;) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete