We. Did. It. Four and half months of not taking Owen out in public. No church. No grocery store. No errands. One of us was always home with Owen. Dan even had to go out of town THREE different times, which meant I was stuck inside (I used ice cream therapy to get me through those trips). And staying quarantined paid off - none of us have been sick since before Owen was born.
 |
| Yep - Road Trips ARE Awesome |
Even though we were supposed to stay in until June, by Memorial Day weekend we figured enough is enough and we brought Owen out into the world. We didn't start small either - Owen's "coming out party" took place over the weekend at a family reunion down in Zion's National Park. (We're talking 60+ people here.) Talk about stimulation overload to the max - he didn't know what to do with so many new things and faces to look at. My favorite comment from family members as they met him for the first time was, "Oh he is so much cuter in person!" Correct. (Although in my humbly biased opinion, I think he's pretty cute in pictures too!)
 |
| The 4.5 hour drive was nothing for this guy. He rocked it! |
 |
Our first Sunday going to church as a family. I first cried out of relief that we made it!
Then I cried because I so wished Lydia could have been there with us to make our family complete.
Sigh. I'm sure she was there in spirit. :) |
 |
| Church wore this guy out! Holding a sleeping baby is balm for any soul. Amen. |
Perspective is an amazing thing, because normally staying cooped up that long would have drove me crazy (and some days it almost did). But after coming so close to losing Owen, we are just SO GRATEFUL he is alive and healthy, that staying inside for a few months seemed like a small price to pay. BUT - I'm still so grateful we are done that I think I might just jump up and down and do 10 cartwheels.
Here are some of our favorite pics from the last several weeks, in no particular order (I figured the blog was overdue for some updated Owen pics. Warning - picture overload!)
I'm not sure I can believe he's cuter in real life, how could he get cuter than these pics?! Hooray for freedom!
ReplyDeleteIt was GREAT to have you all there at the reunion!! Thank you for not keeping Owen quarantined in the motel room. It was a real joy to get to know him!! He is just amazing, as are you!!!
ReplyDeletehow dare someone say he's cuter in real life. fools! So glad I got so snuggle him! Come to Boise sooooon!
ReplyDelete