Background

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Owen's Baby Blessing

We just came out of an incredible weekend. Saturday and Sunday were spent listening to inspirational talks from our prophet and other church leaders. Sunday was Easter. We didn't do anything traditional for the holiday - I didn't even make deviled eggs this year (gasp!) But Easter is one of my favorite holidays because we get to devote an entire day to celebrating the blessing and gift of eternal life. Because of Him we will be with Lydia again. So amazing. And in the midst of all that, we managed to have Owen's baby blessing. It was a day full of immense gratitude for the miracle that he is and the joy that he has brought into our lives. He is such a good baby and during his "debut" his behavior did not disappoint. :) He was awake and alert and just LOVED being around all his aunts, uncles and cousins (we kept the invite list limited to immediate family to limit his germ exposure - even then I was still a nervous wreck).

Thankfully you can't see the side of Dan's head where I had a "whoops" moment when I cut his hair. :)



The proud Daddy-O. Let it be noted that I had some really cute baby booties for Owen to wear. Totally forgot to put them on. Mom fail.

The Spjute fam. Minus the Ball clan. And we can't wait for Owen's little bestie cousin to be born in (hopefully) a few more days. :)

The Ditto fam. Minus the Sara on her mission in Canada.


The Spjute cousins who were SO excited to see "baby Owen" for the first time. This whole sequester thing is kind of (really) the worst.

And a couple more family photos (minus Lydia of course). The good weather was perfect so we could be outside for the festivities.


This boy knows his Mom (and I kind of love it)!

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY! I've been dying for more pictures of Owen! These did not disappoint! What a cutie! Looks like a fun day, love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! So happy for you guys :) I especially love the last picture :)

    ReplyDelete