Then we went dancing. Yes, DANCING. . . for the first time in our married lives (because dancing around the apartment doesn't count). This place was AMAZING, and conveniently located just down the icy street. (Let me interject that I think it was 4 degrees that night. And I was in a skirt. Bless me.) It was big band style ballroom/swing dancing and the band was LIVE (and amazing. A big black lady sang "At Last" - we were in heaven.) There were lots of cute old people there all dressed up and dancing like they were 20 again. It was seriously so cool and definitely something we'll be doing again.
Everyone knows I'm no dancer . . . but I did spend many a night going country swing dancing with the roommates in college, and eventually I was half decent. Too bad that was eons ago and I lost any moves that I had. Lucky for us, Dan spent lots of time in ballroom dance classes at BYU. He made us look like we actually knew what we were doing. Even the old people were impressed with us - who knew!?
Yay for love day!
Cute cute cute I want to go dancing with you!!
ReplyDelete