The decision has been made and we feel SO good about it. Open fetal surgery occurs tomorrow! Essentially they will remove as much of the tumor as possible without delivering the baby (we have GOT to give her a name. . . we're working on it . . . I've discovered I'm very non-committal when it comes to naming my children). They'll put her back inside the uterus, stitch us up, and she'll hopefully "cook" for at least a few more weeks. (Thank goodness for pain medications. Amen.)
While there are a lot of risks, we feel this is our best option and we're glad that we finally get to DO something. (While sitting in the house, taking 2 naps a day, and eating a lot of ice cream has been fun, I'm ready for something to happen!) Thank you all for your prayers!!! We'll try to keep the blog as updated as possible, but do not fret if you don't see anything for a couple of days.
And for your viewing pleasure - this is what my swollen feet look like (this picture doesn't do it justice).
Alicia!
ReplyDeleteI totally blog stalked you from Elisabeth...
I am so sorry to hear about your little girl's tumor. :( I can't even imagine. Know that I'll add your sweet little family to my prayers. I hope all goes well with the surgery and that you both recover well.
Lots of love!
Kacey
At least your toenails are painted!
ReplyDeletePraying like crazy for you guys, starting NOW!
Good luck my friend. Your faith is so inspiring. Your little Loula is one lucky girl to have such an amazing mama. Of course you guys are in our prayers.
ReplyDeletelaughing and crying because your feet are soooo huge!!! Aren't we glad we have good men to love us through THICK and THIN?!
ReplyDeleteSo I didn't even know you had a blog until today when Elisabeth and Kacey filled me in. I'm inspired by your faith and positive attitude. And grateful medical technology exists that they can even do fetal surgery. How amazing.
ReplyDeletePraying for a miracle for your little family.
I love love love you! You can always make me smile--- and I really hope that swelling goes down soon too! I will be praying the surgery all goes well-- you are one amazing girl!
ReplyDeleteAlicia...please pardon my blogstalking (through Facebook)...but I just wanted you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. With Linzi and I having worked at both hospitals out there, I'm sure you're in great hands wherever you're getting care. P.S...reading through your blog really made me miss St. Louis...enjoy it while you're there!
ReplyDeleteChris
I love you, you make me happy, and I am already in love with your baby girl :)
ReplyDeleteAlicia, I had no idea this was going on and I am thinking of you and praying for you. I hope all goes perfectly smooth for your little miracle baby. Sending love & I will keep checking in on you. - Jill
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me but we're practically neighbors! Okay, so we live in O'Fallon, MO having just moved from St. Louis County last November. Anyway, I found this link through my cousin, Elisabeth Williams. I am so inspired by your optimism and faith. You are truly a remarkable family! My prayers are with all three of you!
ReplyDelete