I'm grateful for . . . Warranties
This is the back door that goes out onto our awesome man deck. Notice how the wall is all banged up? Since the couches wouldn't fit through the front door, the boys decided they should just lift them up and over the railings of our 2nd-story deck. I doubted their manliness capabilities, but they proved me wrong! Problem is, the couches (brand new, by the way) were also too big for this door. Off came the door. Still to big. So they just pushed and pushed until the couches came through. If you think this door looks bad, you should see my couches. Thank goodness they came with a 5-year warranty. Can't wait for the couch guys to come fix my couches!
I'm grateful for . . . Bathroom Mirrors
Mirror, mirror, NOT on the wall . . . will you ever come?
Remember how this place was just remodeled before we moved in? Well, the remodel wasn't completely finished. Don't judge us if our hair isn't quite perfect when we're out and about, it's tricky without a mirror.
I'm grateful for . . . creative blinds
Remember the awesome man deck? Well, there's a door from our bedroom that leads out to it. For several days both this door and the window in the bedroom (as well as windows in both bathrooms) were without blinds. This made for some very tricky changing tactics until the problem was fixed with an old sheet. Hope the neighbors didn't see anything they didn't want to!!
I'm grateful for . . . Refrigerators
Dan calls this our "Lord Fridge." As in, if we were lords of some kingdom, we would have a fridge like this. It's gigantic and would actually be big enough for a Provo apartment of 6 men. And it wasn't in the apartment when we moved in. Thankfully it was cold outside so our food didn't go bad while we waited for it to come. (Thought for the day: why is fridge spelled with a "d" when refrigerator is not?)
I'm grateful for . . . Light
I'm grateful for . . . Laundry!
I know, it's a weird thing to be grateful for, but until this morning we have had no light in our bedroom - the electrician (who had a mini-mullet) had to come out twice to get it to work.
I'm grateful for . . . Laundry!
Remember how excited I was to have a washer and dryer? Well, we have them! Since I knew we were moving I told Dan we'd have to wait until we got to the new place for any clean clothes, because I did NOT want to waste more dollars at the laundromat. We moved our dirty laundry over and threw in a load our first night here, but when we turned the dryer on it sounded like a monster from Transformers (cool, right?) Fast forward 2.6 weeks later and we still have no dryer. I keep holding out thinking, "It will get fixed tomorrow, I just know it!" I did finally swallow my pride and did a couple loads of the bare essentials, but now we're out of clothes again.
Dryer guy FINALLY came yesterday and the prognosis is NOT good. They may even have to take it into their place to get it fixed. "We haven't suffered enough!"
I can't believe I'm going to post a picture of our laundry, but you have to see it to believe it. And I didn't plan on having the drawer open (notice it's empty). This picture doesn't do it justice.
And I can't believe I'm about to tell you this either, but the laundry in our bedroom has started to smell. (GROSS!!! What kind of a wife am I anyway?) Thanks to The Roommates for this BYU Scentsy. We put the Zen scent in it and I can no longer smell said nasty laundry.
I'm grateful for . . . WARM water
When Dan doesn't have time to go to the gym before class (which is pretty much all the time) he usually just takes a cold shower. No, he doesn't scream like a little girl, but it's close. Well, yesterday he said he'd had enough of the cold. So we heated up warm water on the stove and washed his head in the kitchen sink. Dan couldn't figure out why I was laughing so hard as I poured hot water from a pan over his head. Does anyone else find this whole situation humorous? :)
What an adventure! And humorous is an understatement. Way to stay positive.
ReplyDeleteK Jon and I are laughing out loud right now. This is the best best best. A broken couch, no light, no fridge, no blinds, no mirror, no dryer (we can totally empathize by the way) and no hot water. Other than that, you're doing great. LOL YAY FOR LOVE. Love is all you need (thank you, Beatles.) we love you guys!!!!
ReplyDeleteGotta love those kinds of things. . .they keep us humble :)
ReplyDeleteOh my! I thought for sure you would have your dryer by now. At least you'll have nest stories for the little fat ones.
ReplyDeleteSorry, that was supposed to say "neat" stories.
ReplyDeleteSigh. Don't you just LOVE LOVE???
ReplyDeleteYeeees! Little fat ones! These stories are now so much better now that I have pictures to go along with it!
ReplyDeleteplease update your blog. i'm starting to forget what you and Dan look like. Well, at least I know what Dan looks like when he washes his hair in the kitchen but I'd rather have a different visual.
ReplyDelete