Background

Monday, August 22, 2016

Camping and a BABY!


Because I know you're all dying to hear about our camping trip, I'll start there. If I have time at the end I'll give a few details about our new little surprise! 😉

Kidding! Baby stuff first, of course! Here are the facts:


  • YES WE ARE SO STINKING EXCITED!
  • YES I'm crazy high-risk with a team of docs keeping tabs on me
  • YES my doctor is monitoring me like crazy (I have ultrasounds every 2 weeks)
  • NO I will not make it to full-term. Owen was born at 32 weeks and we're *hoping* we can make it a week or 2 beyond that. Which means baby will be born in December. Hello tax break! 😉
  • YES we know what we're having. Soooo excited to welcome another little GIRL to our family!
  • YES, I get to spend at least a few weeks on hospital bed rest. Since that sounds super depressing, I try not to think about it.
  • YES I have felt sick, but thankfully I'm now feeling much better!
  • YES, I still take a nap at least 5 times a week. Thank goodness Owen is a good napper!
  • NO, we do not have any names picked out. (But if we did we still wouldn't tell!) Girl names are the hardest! Any suggestions?

Hopefully that answered all your questions! Now onto Owen's first tent-camping adventure! I love that beautiful mountains are so close in Utah! We drove 25 minutes to camp with my family - the first time all of us have been together since Dan and I were married - almost FIVE years ago!

2 layers of jammies and a bib.

My sister scored tickets to the local aquarium. We stank like campfire
but we loved it!

With "Gampa"

I wish I could include a sound clip of his, "Oooohhhh!"



He walked through this "door" about 20 times.
"Hiking" with Dad. It took about 6 minutes to walk to the destination, so
I'm not sure it really counts as a hike. But he loved it!

Trying to climb around the rocks like his big cousins.




Tired boy! Mom got some rare snuggles in, so I couldn't complain. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, a thousand times YES! So excited for Owen to get a little sister!!! Yay for you guys! As for names, I'm pretty tapped out for girl names but a couple we've had but didn't use are Hallie, Ivy, and Tessa. Hooray for a Christmas baby! Camping looked fun too, haha.

    ReplyDelete