Background

Sunday, April 17, 2016

A Night as a Gilmore

This post is for my Gilmore Girls-obsessed sisters, cousins, and roommates. For the rest of you who haven't seen it, shame on you! ;)

Husband took me on a date a couple of weeks ago to the BYU Alumni Traditions ball. It was fancy, flirty, and fun . . . and the best part? I felt like I was at a Gilmore party! It had everything minus Emily's infamous salmon puffs (and alcohol of course). Side note - why have I never had a salmon puff? It's going on the bucket list. There was a majorly awesome live band, delicious hors d'oeuvres, and guests in tuxedos and fancy dresses (we definitely felt under-dressed). There was also some live entertainment (improv comedy) and when the band needed a break, a couple from the ballroom dance team would perform (they were INCREDIBLE). It was fun to have a night out with the man and Jon & Rach.



Some of the delicious hors d'oeuvres. For lots of
years I had no idea that "hors d'oeuvres"was how 
you spelled hors d'oeuvres. Whenever I read it
I pronounced it phonetically in my head, which
was extremely awkward.


Out in the foyer there was live background music
on this piano. This chick was AMAZING.
I could have listened to her play all night. And
she was probably just site reading everything.
Totally jealous of her talent.

Aren't we cute? These Ditto boys with their beards . . .
apparently whenever Jon has a beard he gets stopped
in airport security because they think he is Arab. Ha!


See, we're totally cool!

These 2 were SO GOOD!


The live band. Sometimes they brought in someone to
sing. She was so good!

You should be looking at the face is Jon is making - it's classic!
And no, I'm not pregnant. :)

People mingling.

Aww, cute!!

I told you this was a Gilmore night - there was even a Gazebo to dance in!!


Apparently I had a hard time trusting that Dan wouldn't let me fall.


Even Cosmo dressed up for the occasion.

Dan's parents joined us at the end. Go Cougars!
This has nothing to do with my Gilmore night. This kid's first time trying root beer
and he LOVED it. I thought his eyes would water from the carbonation, but not so.
He just wanted more!



4 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! Ha ha Jon's face is TOTALLY classic. I can't wait for him to see that picture. He wasn't excited about the food or anything...Also NICE shot of the ballroom couple! It's gorgeous. Such a fun night. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is super cute! And I love that Dan's brother gets stopped in airport security hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know the plural of cul-de-sac is culS-de sac? 😄

    ReplyDelete