Background

Sunday, February 28, 2016

One Year!

We recently passed 2 milestones: the first big one was of course Owen's birthday (January 11th), and the second was the anniversary of him coming home from the hospital (February 13th). We celebrated his coming home anniversary with a trip to the pool (which he, of course, LOVED.)

We had our own celebration with our little family
before everyone arrived for cake & ice cream


Let's pause for a moment and make sure proper attention is given to that cake. I had a friend teach me how to do fondant frosting, and was super proud of my first real fondant cake. It was fun (and delish) and I definitely want to make more in the future.
Owen loves animals. In case you can't tell, it's a lion, a monkey
and a giraffe. There was supposed to be an elephant as well,
but I ran out of room. Oops!

I finally put together all of Owen's monthly pictures. I took his 1-month and his 1-year on the same blanket, so you can get an idea for how much he's grown. And one secret - his 1-month picture was actually taken a few days after the real 1-month mark because he was STILL IN THE HOSPITAL when he hit one month. (Sigh.)



And because I have more pictures to post, I will!! These are all from a photoshoot we had done a couple of days before his birthday. I can't believe how much he's changed already since these were taken. Speaking of being grown-up, this kid is walking EVERYWHERE these days. Which also means he's falling everywhere. It might be a while before his head is bruise-less. His walk is hilarious (picture a drunken, bow-legged cowboy and you've just about got it!)





Holy handsome boys batman!


Miss that Lydia girl!







Yep, we still love each other.

This guy never holds still. The jeans he was wearing here (my all-
time favorite ones!) now have holes in both knees. Someone
who is creative should tell me how I should re-purpose them
so I don't have to throw them away (weep!)


2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures! Especially the one of him through the year. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cuteness! and I can't believe you made that cake! amazing!

    ReplyDelete