Lately I've seen advertisements for these painting sessions that guarantee a completed painting in a 2 hours. NO ARTISTIC ABILITY REQUIRED. I wanted to do it - partly to prove them wrong. There's no way they could get ME to paint something that I wouldn't throw away in disgust by the end of the night.
So I brought along a few friends, and I have to say - it was a BLAST! We were a little disappointed at first - the painting we signed up for online looked almost nothing like the one the instructor had on display for us to paint.
Here's his painting:
And here's me in action . . . FUN!!
My St Louie chickas and their paintings. All different, but so so fun. Grace's painting on the far right was the closest to what we actually signed up for.
I went in with pretty much NO expectations. I figured if I produced something good enough to hang in a bathroom, I would be happy. While of course mine is nothing that would sell in a paint gallery, it actually looks pretty good! And now I've got the artist bug and I want to go again!! (Sistahs . . . next May? We have to do it!!!) In the mean time, I think I'll start practicing drawing dogs and dinosaurs - I've gotta have SOMETHING manly to draw for little Gus when he comes out. (Gus is just the fetus name. Real name yet to come.)
I'm impressed! Super cute. your mom would be proud! Sooooo excited for Gus to make his appearance! Also, I had the most vivid realistic dream that you told me you were having triplets. Then we went to tell Bro Ditto (you recorded it) he went pale and almost passed out. It was so great! 2 boys and a girl in case you were wondering!
ReplyDelete