Background

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hawaii or Bust

Thanks to the best inlaws ever, we went on a trip with husband's family to their mother land - Hawaii. (Husband grew up there, but the fam hasn't lived there for years now). It was pretty much the trip of a lifetime. Hawaii is amazing and beautiful and every married couple should find themselves in Hawaii at some point (without kids, right?) Seriously - its amazing.

The phrase "Hawaii or Bust" took on a whole new meaning for this trip. In order to go, I kind of almost lost my job (long story) but I was getting on that plane no matter what! (No worries - all ended well and I'm back at work. I THINK that's a good thing?)

Husband and I had to fly to Vegas where we met up with the rest of the family for the flight to Hawaii. Of course there was a delay in St Louie. When we finally landed in Vegas we had to claim our luggage, run outside to find a shuttle to take us to a different terminal, run up 3 flights of stairs, and then re-check luggage. Sorry if any of you happened to be in the Vegas airport and saw two sweaty fools SPRINTING through the Vegas airport with 100 pounds of luggage (did I mention it was approximately 500 degrees outside? Cause it was). Lets just say that we were within only a couple of minutes of missing the flight. Once we knew we made it, Husband's glasses fell off his face (we were sweaty, remember?) and he promptly (and accidentally) stepped on them. Poor husband. Hawaii or bust, right? Right.

It was worth it all.

Why don't I live in Hawaii? I'm still trying to figure that out. I'm so bad at taking the time to pull out the camera to take pictures, but we really tried to capture what we could. Here's a few (more to come later).

GOOD MORNING HAWAII! This was the backyard of the house we stayed at.
Um, yes please?
And this was the morning after the above airport incident, which is why we look
so incredibly awesome.

Some early morning Amberly lovin.

Hike #1. We were 10 minutes into it when these banana trees appeared.
Cool, right? The Husband thought us mainlanders
were crazy for thinking it was exciting.

Thanks to Rach for the hot sunglasses - aren't we cool?

The end of hike #1. Gorgeous. Remember how in Utah you just hike for
a long time, get to a good view, and then turn around? Swimming in a beautiful
waterfall at the end of the hike is SOOO much better. Amen.
And we had it all to ourselves. The day before this I got sunburned like a crispy piece of bacon
(seriously, the worst sunburn ever). The cool water felt incredible.

This is the splash husband made when he jumped off the waterfall.
He forgot to tell me he was jumping, so all you get is the splash. :)

Hawaii has it all! Oceans, beaches, and mountains! Pictures just
don't do it justice.


What's the point of a waterproof camera if you forget to take it
out snorkeling with you? Just trust that we saw some awesome fish. As in,
I don't need to watch Finding Nemo because we saw everything in real life
(minus the sharks of course)










4 comments:

  1. Hooray, you blogged about Hawaii! Love that new header pic. . . gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic of you two at Goat's Island is awesome!! Yay. I had a dream a few nights after Hawaii that we all got back on the plane and returned to paradise. It was the best dream ever. I miss it! Such a great trip and we're obsessed with you guys. Wait is that weird? Well...whatevs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I've been waiting for pics, can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How dreamy! I'm glad you
    Rushed through the Las Vegas airport... If he had time to kill in Las Vegas I would have been mad you didn't let me know �� and yes it is 500 degrees here in the summer! Glad you had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete