Background

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Masters of the World!

Now we're both masters!!


Husband graduated! Hoorah! Here's a few stats from what's happened in our lives since Dan started school in 2011:
  • 1 engagement (ours)
  • 1 marriage (ours)
  • Moved twice
  • Washed approximately 602 loads of laundry
  • Held a total of 9 different callings
  • Made at least 17 trips to Ted Drewes - the best frozen custard in America
  • We've gained, ahem, some pounds (there's just way too much good food in St Louis!)
  • 16 house guests (definitely not enough - and none from my family. I'm just sayin.)
  • 8 road trips
  • 3 moving traffic violations (ouch)
  • 10 parking tickets (ouch again)
  • Survived 11 tornado sirens
  • Saved over $1126 at Schnuck's thanks to triple couponing
  • I tried adding up the hours Dan spent studying and it made me sick, so I stopped :)
  • Used our blendtec 462 times
  • Played 57 games of Dominion
  • 2 pregnancies
  • 1 miscarriage
  • 1 perfect Lydia
And now for the photo dump. I remember when I came with husband to St. Louie for the first time (he was just boyfriend at the time) we walked around his new campus and I made him take this picture so in 3 years he could take it again at graduation. (I didn't tell him this at the time, but secretly I knew I'd be taking that picture as his wife.)


Before
After
Oh yeah. We totally still got it.

The arena showed all the student's names along the big scrolly thing (no idea what that's called - but it was cool)
I'm a non-crier. But I kind of lost it during the ceremony. I asked husband if he got emotional and he just laughed at me and said I was cute.

Another "before" picture from our pre-wedding days

And after


 And just because I happened to still have my robes from when I graduated with my master's degree SEVEN years ago (I'm so old), I made us take some photos together. Now our kids will never wonder if their parents value an education.

What's next? We have no idea. If you know of any job openings for an aspiring MBA graduate, send them Dan's way!!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats brother ditto!!!! WEll done. also his middle name is Owen? Great name! You could have a boy named Owen;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theres probably a killer awesome job in the Las Vegas area... :) congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Congratulations. Loved all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete