I am the worst blogger ever. In my defense, I work full-time and I'm the rsp in our ward. It doesn't leave much time for blogging, but I'm committing to be better. Rather than give a huge photo dump from the last several months, I'll just give you a highlight of this last weekend and eventually I'll catch-up. Promise.
After surviving the St. Louie tornado Friday night (it was about 25 miles away . . . right next to where I work. Please don't judge me for hoping that the power wouldn't come back on before work started Monday morning. I was "this" close to having the day off. Sigh.) So after surviving the tornado, we headed out Saturday morning for some Dragon Boat Racing. No, we've never done it before. Dan's new MBA program (did I mention husband is now getting an MBA concurrently with his bLaw degree? Talk about over-achiever.) Anyway - his program was competing in this corporate Dragon Boat competition and he signed up to be one of the rowers. And since I'm the wife I went along for the ride. Well, due to some post-tornado bad weather, the races were postponed and a few of the female team members had to leave early, which meant they were desperate for another girl rower. Good thing the wife came along!
Remember how when you go skiing for the first time in a long time you get really sore and find out you have muscles you didn't know you had? Welcome to Dragon Boat racing. Talk about an upper body workout that would make Jillian Michael's proud. I'm still sore. The cool thing is that we took 3rd place and I am now the favorite among Dan's new MBA friends.
We think we're cool.
Oh, and I promise the title to this post has meaning. Due to my awesome couponing skills, Snapple's were on sale for 18 cents each. Husband "made" us buy a LOT of them (I'm too embarrassed to tell you how many we really bought. Don't judge.) If you come visit, I promise we will have an ice-cold Snapple waiting for you in the fridge.

Wow! The boat race thing looks like fun, and Megan saw the picture of the snapple and wants to come visit just for a drink!
ReplyDeleteWin Win Win!!!
ReplyDelete