Background

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Recovering

I've decided I'm getting old. While I do recognize that I went through a very major surgery, I am here to tell you that my body is not bouncing back like it would have 5 years ago. I'm a mere 6 weeks from turning the dreaded 30. Woof.

Anyway, I am definitely recovering, and I no longer look like Tim Allen in the movie The Santa Clause (remember how he has to wear sweats to a business meeting to cover up his embarrassing weight gain and he tells people he got stung by a really big bee? That was me!) I'm done retaining water and am now just waiting for my uterus to get back to normal size (apologies to my dad for the use of the "u" word). I don't have energy to run a marathon (or walk one) - so my days are filled with random things: lots of reading, I have to get in at least one episode of Lost each day (thank you netflix), and lots of sleep (I realized the other day that I am like a 2 year old. I sleep at least 10 hours each night, and if I don't get my afternoon nap I get grumpy.) But all in all, I'm doing well and the doctors say I'm coming right along. :)

Here are some random pics for your viewing pleasure:

 This picture doesn't do it justice, but during one of our hospital visits, my i.v. blew and my hand swelled to gargantuan size in a matter of minutes. Dan thought it was cool.




Just in case you're lucky enough to never have been in the hospital for an extended period of time, flowers really do help brighten the dreary rooms. I'm not exaggerating when I say that every person who walked into our room commented on how beautiful the flowers looked, and how wonderful they smelled. They were right. THANK YOU to those who contributed to this floral blissfulness.




Lydia's burial dress. Isn't it BEAUTIFUL? Custom-made by a wonderful family friend in Utah. She's amazing enough that she even made us 2 identical dresses, so I have one to cherish forever. THANK YOU!




My "Lydia Shrine." People have been extremely kind and generous to us during this difficult time. A roommate from college painted "The Lydia Tree" you see on the left. The blanket is the very same one we wrapped her in at the hospital. And the list goes on - so many amazing things to help honor our little girl. THANK YOU!




And who knew? Apparently my husband should quit school and start his own sandwich-making shop. Seriously - he's a genius when it comes to crafting a delicious masterpiece. Here's what he said moments before I snapped this photo: "It's kind of like holding a giant fish!" Love.Him.

5 comments:

  1. laughing out loud at brother ditto and the gimungous sandwich. His face clearly shows he is in heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of little smokies!!! Mine, however will not deflate with time as yours will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could always use a new, delicious sandwich shop right around the corner from my house? That dress is beautiful. I love your Lydia shrine. Maybe I could come see it in person? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. . . thirty, flirty, and thriving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress and next time I see you guys Dan is making me a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete