Background

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Stay-At-Home Wife

My friend told me I needed to be a better facebooker when I moved away. Blah. My sister said I needed to start a blog. Hmm. Don't get me wrong - I love reading other blogs, but I've always thought, "Who am I to think people like me enough that they want to read about my boring life?" Well, boring or not, here it is. And I won't even be offended if you don't read. And I'm telling you now that I probably won't be good at posting regularly.

Leading up to the marriage and the move, I told Dan I didn't need to find a job . . . I could just be a stay-at-home wife!! Seemed like a great idea at the time. Well, we made it to St. Louis late Friday night. Enjoyed lots of time together Saturday & Sunday, and then Monday morning he was gone and off to school like a good little boy. After about 2 hours without my man, I was bored and wondering what in the world I was going to do with my time until I found a job. Oh dear. I didn't think that would happen for at least a couple of weeks. Dan let me make him dinner that night to give me something to do. Isn't he nice! :) Now that all our stuff is here (I have a LOT of stuff!) I am plenty busy getting this place organized. Special thanks to Dan for letting me take over the big closet and move him to the small one. He's the best.

Speaking of finding a job . . . after getting almost-conned on Craigslist (don't EVER look for jobs there - they're all phony) and spending hours on Monster Jobs (not getting conned), I've come to a conclusion that I did everything wrong in life. For all those women who could possibly at some time in the future be following a man somewhere and need to find full or part time employment, let me give you some advice: be a nurse or a truck driver. Both get paid well, and both are in high demand, even amidst this "economic crisis."

Ok - it's 11:00 in the morning and other than applying for a few jobs, making Dan breakfast and lunch (wow - he really got the good end of the deal in this!) and writing this post, I haven't done anything productive. Don't tell anyone I'm still in my pajamas (including slippers and Skyline hoody because it's FREEZING here!). Yes, it snows in St. Louis, and I never knew that someone could have an appreciation for double-paned windows, but I do. Not having them is quite tragical. And cold.

And for all you visual learners out there (yep, deep down I'm still a teacher) here is a picture of what it looks like outside my window right now.




6 comments:

  1. I love your NEW BLOG!!!!! What an adventure you are going to have out there! SURE LOVE AND MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! I will be your most dedicated blog stalker.
    1) I LOVE that you are still in your pajamas and slippers. You deserve it after all those years of having to be at Skyline at the crack of dawn.
    2) Dan is SPOILED. :-)
    3) Ditto (heh heh) to Craigslist being nothing but a bunch of sleaze bags.
    4) We are both job-hunting together. Take solace in that.
    5) Truck driver? I'll have to look into it. That way I can drive to Missouri every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! you are married and you are stillt he coolest! Great blog cant wait to read all about your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I have to say is that the world needs access to your life stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take some time to enjoy not having a job, but it is hard to let the man go after the honeymoon, so I can understand being bored. I miss you already!!!

    ReplyDelete